The Pine View Cemetery was established in 1899. The cemetery covers approximately 100 acres and has over 6000 burials. It was operated as a private cemetery until 1948, at which time it was purchased by the Town of Queensbury. In 1988, the Town of Queensbury purchased the Pine View Crematorium and combined cemetery operations.
The Pine View Cemetery is governed by a Cemetery Commission authorized by the New York State Division of Cemeteries. The commission establishes rules and regulations, as well as prices and services.
Members of this commission include:
Cemetery personnel maintain the Pine View Cemetery as well as 10 additional cemeteries located in the Town of Queensbury. Many of these cemeteries are historical in nature with burials dating from the 1700's.
The names and locations of these cemeteries are as follows:
The employees of the Pine View cemetery are dedicated to serving the needs of the Citizens of Queensbury and our neighboring communities. We take great pride in the maintenance of our cemeteries, and strive for excellence in all aspects of cemetery operations.